My Aunt Alice was a tiny,bird-like woman who could really cook. Her husband, Uncle Richard (Daddy’s brother) was a big bear of a man who could draw any sort of cartoon animal in under five seconds. They retired to Sopchoppy Florida, where they farmed worms (no lie) and blueberries. Aunt Alice made a fantastic and easy blueberry crumble she called a blueberry dump cake. Not an appetizing-sounding name for a fantastic recipe, but here it is!
Blueberry Dump Cake
- 1 gallon blueberries
- 1 can crushed pineapple (could also use 2 small cans)
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter
- Dump all of the ingredients in a 9 x 11 Pyrex pan, in this order: - blueberries - pineapple - cake mix - pecans
- Drizzle a whole stick of melted butter over it all and bake at 350 for about an hour, until the whole thing has turned to blue bubbly goodness and the crumble crust on top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with an equal portion of vanilla ice cream. Yum!