Celia brought this divine soup to an animal communication class. It’s rich and yummy! I’ve made it several times since. Unable to leave a good thing alone, I’ve added some of my own touches to the recipe. (My additions are in parenthesis for you to use or ignore. Either way, it’s great!)
Celia's Keto Taco Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef you can also substitute ground buffalo and/or pork)
- 2 cloves garlic (I love garlic, so I mince an entire clove, and fry half of it in butter till it’s crispy to use as a garnish)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced this might make it less Keto but it tastes good
- 1 package dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder I don’t use because it’s not in my pantry, so feel free to leave out if necessary!
- 2 10 oz cans Rotel with green peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro I use more - adjust to your personal taste preferences!
- 4 cups beef broth
- In a skillet, crumble and cook ground beef, diced onion, and garlic.
- Transfer ground beef mixture to slow cooker. Add seasonings and remaining ingredients.
- Close lid and cook on low for 4 hours, or 2 hours on high.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.