- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (10 oz.)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ½ cup buttermilk powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup unflavored seltzer water
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 250°F. Set wire rack in rimmed baking sheet and place baking sheet in oven.
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, buttermilk powder, and baking soda in large bowl to combine.
- Then whisk sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and oil in medium bowl to combine.
- Gently stir seltzer into wet ingredients.
- Make a depression in the center of the dry ingredients (large bowl) and pour in the wet ingredients (medium bowl).
- Using a rubber spatula, gently stir all ingredients until just combined. Batter should remain slightly lumpy with streaks of flour throughout.
- Heat up the waffle iron and bake waffles (refer to the waffle iron manufacturer’s instructions for specifics).
- Transfer waffles to rack in warm oven and leave there for up to 10 minutes before serving. Serve with butter, warmed maple syrup or other garnish as desired.