Little Potato Boats
- 1 small bag little potatoes (about 15-20)
- 1 tbsp brown or Dijon mustard
- cubed cheese (Monterey Jack or sharp cheddar)
- 4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil whole potatoes in salted water until just-done (they should be
soft but not mushy). Remove potatoes from water and allow them to cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, melt butter and combine with mustard.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out a small depression in the center of each cut
side. Place potato halves skin side down on a parchment-paper-covered cookie
sheet. (Press down slightly if necessary to make the potatoes sit level).
- Brush each potato liberally with the butter/mustard mixture, and place a cube of
cheese in the depression. Sprinkle the tops lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly; about 15-20 minutes.