This month’s recipe is brought to us by Lisa Miller, who is featured in the Author Spotlight. A slice of pecan pie sounds like the perfect nibble to help all writers craft their stories with the help of Lisa’s wonderful online writing classes!
Miller Family Favorite - Pecan Pie
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- ¾ cup dark Karo syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 deep dish frozen pie shell
- pecans pieces to line a 9” pie shell
- Line pie shell with pecan pieces. When they float upthrough filling they will spread out so be generous.
- Mix all ingredients except butter.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add melted butter and mix.
- Pour into pie pan and pecans will float to the top.
- Put the pie on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Jiggle the pie pan. Pie should be firm. Or silver knifecomes out of center clean.