Miss Shelley’s Famous Key Lime Pie
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can 14-oz. sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp grated lime peel
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Cool Whip and lime slices for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs with a whisk until combined.
- Add milk to the eggs slowly, whisking to combine as you go. Add lime juice, water, and lime peel. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour into pie crust that has been placed on a baking sheet so the pie doesn’t spill into the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until almost set in the middle (it’s perfect when the pie wiggles just a bit in the middle when you shake it—if you leave it in too long, it’ll crack).
- Cool on a wire rack for one hour and refrigerate for four hours.