My sister makes cooking look easy. She is one of those cooks who just knows what goes well together, and her house is the kind of place where you can always look in the fridge and find something good to eat. I keep telling her she should write a cookbook, and maybe one day she will. Till then, I’ll steal a recipe from her every now and then and pass it along to y’all. Here’s her recipe for Poppyseed Chicken Casserole!
Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
- poppy seeds amount of your choice
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese mild or sharp
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a casserole dish.
- Stir-together the soup, sour cream, and cooked chicken, and spread into the greased casserole dish.
- Crumble a sleeve of Ritz crackers, mix with the melted butter, and sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
- Garnish the crumb topping with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.