Cherry Tomato Salad
- 3 pints assorted small tomatoes cherry, pear, grape, red and yellow
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 shallots peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put in them in a large bowl.
- Cut the basil into very thin strips and add the tomatoes. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the shallots, vinegars, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well and then let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Whisk the oil into the vinegar mixture a little bit at a time, then toss the dressing with the tomatoes and basil. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Chill until ready to serve.