Quick Easy Scones
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup Sprite or fizzy lemonade
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Place flour in a large mixing bowl. Add cream and half the lemonade. Mix to combine.
- Add more lemonade slowly until the dough is moist. (It may be sticky at first; using not-so-much lemonade will help with this.)
- Turn the mixture out onto a well-floured board and knead, adding more flour until smooth.
- Use your hand to flatten the dough out to about 1-inch thick.
- Cut into rounds (or whatever shape pleases you) with a floured biscuit cutter or knife. Place scones onto a lined baking tray so they are just touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Scones are done when golden brown and easily pulled apart where they’re joined.