Natalie’s French Toast
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 splash milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- fresh bread (sliced French baguette is good)
- powdered sugar
- powdered cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- syrup or honey
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in a shallow bowl until frothy.
- Melt a few pats of butter in a skillet. Dip each slice of bread on both sides into the egg mixture and fry in the hot buttered skillet until both sides are golden brown. (Work in small batches so the butter doesn’t burn.)
- Arrange the browned toast on plates, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon,then drizzle with syrup or honey.